* Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer and not mold!
* Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.
* Add a teaspoon of water when frying ground beef. It will help pull the grease away from the meat while cooking.
* To really make scrambled eggs or omelets rich, add a couple of spoonfuls of sour cream, cream cheese, or heavy cream in and then beat them up.
* For a cool brownie treat, make brownies as directed. Melt Andes mints in double broiler and pour over warm brownies. Let set for a wonderful minty frosting.
* Broken Glass - Use a wet cotton ball or Q-tip to pick up the small shards of glass you can't see easily. Or use bread.
* Squirrel Away - To keep squirrels from eating your plants, sprinkle your plants with cayenne pepper. The cayenne pepper doesn't hurt the plant and the squirrels won't come near it.
* Reducing Static Cling - Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip. Same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and .... ta da! .. static is gone.
* Measuring Cups - Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill with hot water. Dump out the hot water, but don't dry cup. Next, add your ingredient, such as peanut butter, and watch how easily it comes right out.
* Foggy Windshield- Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car. When the windows fog, rub with the eraser! Works better than a cloth!
* Goodbye Fruit Flies- To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass, fill it 1/2' with Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dish washing liquid; mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever! (I can vouch for this tip)
* Get Rid of Ants - Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it 'home,' can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works and you don't have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!